SimWiz (Simulation Wizard) is a computer program for defining, validating, communicating running and analyzing discrete event simulation models. Simulations are useful in industrial engineering, service system planning, traffic control and communication engineering. The aim of simulation is to reveal flaws or allow experimentation in the design of the system which can be tested on paper before investing in the creation of an actual system, saving effort and cost.
It is not just another simulation program or modeling language. Rather it is a totally new approach to help the user in various steps of a simulation project (US patent pending). The novel features:
* The user does not have to be familiar with simulation modules to build a fairly complex model. If the user knows the system under consideration, he/she can respond easily to a series of input requests from the software. The model is built as a result of the responses. There are also shortcuts for the experienced user.
* The model is stated in a human-readable format that can be understood by non-specialists. So all the experts of the system can review it and contribute to its validity.
* The model can be communicated easily and the recipient does not need any specialized software to read it. It can also be displayed as a web-page, describing the model that is very useful in tutoring sessions explaining the model.
* Variance reduction techniques aiming to increase the accuracy of results are performed with a single click instead of tedious and error-prone manipulations of random streams in appropriate places in the model.
* The model can be encoded so that it is very hard to recover from it any trade secret and can be therefore more safely communicated via unsecured channels.
* Animation that concentrates on validity rather than frills and simplified tracing provide easy way to model validation.
The model can be run in the inbuilt simulator or can be translated to an Arena model.
» version 5.03 - posted on 2008-12-29
Bug correction for performing additional tasks before next box seletion
» version 5.02 - posted on 2008-12-29
Introduction of function rankTrue
EULA - End User License Agreement
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA)
1. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the software is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the software will remain the exclusive property of the Author and you will not acquire any rights to the software except as expressly set forth in this license.
2. Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for purpose of simulation only, including commercial applications. Any other purpose is specifically prohibited.
3. For registered users, it is strictly prohibited to give your registration key to third parties. However, WITHOUT registration key SimWiz can be freely distributed. Registration can be removed any time by clicking Remove registration in the Help menu.
4. You may not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction), or create derivative works based on this software.
5. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
6. The license will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described herein. On termination, you must remove registaration key by clicking that item in the Help menu.
7. This License Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Israel. Any disputes shall be adjudicated in the courts of Tel-Aviv, Israel.